"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent"

Thursday, 12 May 2011

Lack of confidence (thinking you suck at everything)

Anyone else litterally over examine every little thing you do and always think you messed whatever you're doing up? When I was young I started messing with computers and to this very day think I know less than average what others do. Yet if I look at it seriously, i've designed websites, i've programmed, I even "hacked" and found a lot of cool exploits in software. No, I never did any damage though. Yet if you ask me if I know a lot about computers, i'll say "nope".

I also play the guitar and have been playing for about four years. Yep you guessed it, I think I suck at it. The funny thing is, people compliment me on my playing and when I send aduio out online I usually get complimented on it. Whenever I get compliments I shrug them off and say to myself "ahh they are just saying that to be nice".

Now that i've started college i'm expirencing the same thing. For instance, I get an essay I have to write and I litterally think about it 24/7. I'll litterally work insanely hard on it and do my very best and then when I finally get it finished and proof read it I almost always come to the same conclusion, it sucks. Yet then I turn it in and get an A. Even then, I see the A and think "wow, that paper really sucked. How the hell did I get that A?!"

I never really noticed I did this until one day my mom says "you litterally stress over everything and always think everything you do sucks. give yourself a break for once!" It was cool of her to say that considering I never really noticed it before. The only problem is, now I know I do it and yet still continue to beat myself up regardless. Reminds me of that song, "my own worst enemy".

No comments: